Here are your MyDocSafe account set-up instructions.
If you are in a hurry, here is a quick setup cheat sheet with recommended steps:
If you have more time, below, we describe a more thorough setup process.
1. Adjust Company Settings such as:
- Account information (your logo and basic company information)
- Email templates (adjust wording and look and feel of emails we send on your behalf)
- Colour schema settings (the way client portals and proposals will look to your clients)
- Ways to charge your clients (Stripe and GoCardless integrations)
- E-signature global settings (these will be applied to all esign requests). These settings will be automatically applied to all API-triggered esignature transactions. For esign requests sent from MyDocSafe you can always review them before sending documents out.
- Integrations - third party services that you use which we integrate with
2. Adjust Personal Settings:
- User Information: your name, mobile number, avatar picture
- Email settings: useful if you would like to change the email address associated with MyDocSafe
- Notifications: account activities you would like to be notified about
- Localization: language and time zone of your account (use US time zone to also change the date format to US)
- Password: change it
- Two-factor authentication: turn it on by verifying your mobile number
- Add-ons (turn on Dropbox or Google Drive integrations)
3. Create client portals
- From the main dashboard, click 'Clients' and 'Add new'
- Create your first Client Group. Think of a Client Group as a collection of clients who will share the same type of portal settings. You may want to create many types for different types of clients or transactions: portals for clients may look very different from portals for deals or projects.
- After you create a Client Group, you can adjust its settings:
- Form templates - define forms that you would like to be available to all portal usrs who are members of this Portal Group. For example "Holiday request form" in "Employees" Portal Group or "Contact information sheet" in "Clients" Portal Group.
- Shared documents - upload files you would like to be accessible to all portal users who are members of this Portal Group. For example: marketing materials, public reports for "Clients" Portal Group or Employee Handbook for "Employees" Portal Group.
- Settings - define (a) a folder structure that will be automatically created each time a portal is created and (b), define a default welcome message and (c) define bespoke buttons that will be visible inside the portal (MyDocSafe involvement is required here)
- To start adding individual portals, click on the Portal Group name to then click on "Add Portal" button. You will have two options:
- Create a portal without inviting anyone to it just yet. To do this simply pick a Portal Name and click "Create Portal without Members"
- Create a portal and invite users to it immediately. To do this specify the email addresses of users you would like to invite, choose a portal name and define a welcome message.
- Once you create a portal, you can enter it by clicking on the portal name or you can fine tune its settings further:
- Name - change the name
- Labels - add a label for easier searching (ex. if you use client codes) or in order to display only those form templates which have a matching label
- Access management - invite more users, specify access rights
- Settings - delete portal
- Multi-select - use to give access rights to several portals at once
4. Install Proposals and then set them up by following this article: Proposals - setup instructions
5. Download and install our mobile app.
6. Download and install our Outlook plugin.