Here are your MyDocSafe account set-up instructions.
If your requirements are complex, for example, if you need help setting up complex document templates, need to create a large number of client portals automatically, or would like to design bespoke portal interfaces, please contact us for help (extra fees may apply). If you need help setting up the GDPR Dashboard, let us know and we will put you in touch with one of our external partners who specialise in providing GDPR compliance advise.
After you first login to MyDocSafe, we recommend that you do the following:
1. Add your company logo
2. Adjust company settings such as:
- Company information (this is visible by your clients on top of user portals)
- Email templates (adjust wording and look and feel of emails we send on your behalf)
- Ways to charge your clients (Stripe and GoCardless integrations which are useful if you use our client onboarding tool called "workflows")
3. Setup account settings
Account settings worth considering:
- User Information: your name, mobile number, avatar picture
- Email settings: MyDocSafe email account (it allows you to email attachments directly to Intray folder in MyDocSafe)
- Notifications (an email summarising activities that happened in your main account)
- Localization (language and time zone of your account)
- Password (change it)
- Two-factor authentication (turn it on by verifying your mobile number)
- iProove (ignore it for now as this technology is currently not working properly with MyDocSafe)
- Add-ons (turn on Dropbox and Xero integrations)
Creating client portals
- From the main dashboard, click 'User portals'
- Create your first Portal Group. Think of a Portal Group as a "type" or portals. You may want to create many types for different stakeholders: portals for clients may look very different from portals for employees, directors or investors.
- After you create a portal group, you can adjust its settings:
- Shared documents - upload files you would like to be accessible to all portal users who are members of this Portal Group. For example: marketing materials, public reports for "Clients" Portal Group or Employee Handbook for "Employees" Portal Group.
- Announcements - create announcements that will be visible to users after they login to their portals.
- Form templates - define forms that you would like to be available to all portal usrs who are members of this Portal Group. For example "Holiday request form" in "Employees" Portal Group or "Contact information sheet" in "Clients" Portal Group.
- Settings - define (a) a folder structure that will be automatically created each time a portal is created and (b), define a default welcome message and (c) define bespoke buttons that will be visible inside the portal (MyDocSafe involvement is required here)
- To start adding individual portals, click on the Portal Group name to then click on "Add Portal" button. You will have two options:
- Create a portal without inviting anyone to it just yet. To do this simply pick a Portal Name and click "Create Portal without Members"
- Create a portal and invite users to it immediately. To do this specify the email addresses of users you would like to invite, choose a portal name and define a welcome message.
- Once you create a portal, you can enter it by clicking on the portal name or you can fine tune its settings further:
- Name - change the name
- Labels - add a label for easier searching (ex. if you use client codes) or in order to display only those form templates which have a matching label
- Access management - invite more users, specify access rights
- Settings - delete portal
- Multi-select - use to give access rights to several portals at once